My Patient Husband and I were compiling all the rules we’ve picked up from music.
- Don’t pay the ferryman.
- Don’t talk to strangers.
- Don’t answer me (I guess that’s if you break Rule 2 and talk to strangers.)
- Don’t let it show.
- Don’t be cruel, and don’t bring me down.
- Don’t give up on us. (Similarly, don’t dream it’s over.)
- Don’t fall in love with a dreamer (especially dreamers who are dreaming it’s over).
- Don’t let the sun go down on me
- Don’t look back (and don’t stop thinking about tomorrow.)
- Don’t stop believing
- Don’t stand so close to me
It’s hard to keep track of all this advice, but don’t worry, baby.
Why all these rules? Don’t ask me why.